For the last few months I have been experimenting with woodworking. I started off with some old timber samples from work.
One of the first things I tried making was buttons. Nice buttons are hard to find so I thought I would make some myself. It proved to be quite time consuming but I will definitely try it again.
One of the first pieces of jewellery I made was a wooden pendant. I roughly shaped it with a saw and then filed away for hours. I got the finish with fine grade wet and dry paper and then a coat of wax. The wood is river red gum (eucalyptus camaldulensis).
I have been experimenting with more complex designs with interlocking overlapping segments. The example below is made with beech wood.
I’m not sure what this is going to be yet. I am making another one for a symmetrical necklace perhaps. The wood is probably African rosewood.